We have a need to track when an issue transitions from one status to another. We would like to put a date/time stamp on the transition so we can pull reporting on time spent in the statuses at the end of the year.
I've found solutions suggesting either JSU or ScriptRunner (neither of which we have installed) to run a post-function on the transitions and fill in custom fields with the date/time of the status transition, but I wanted to ask if there is a way to go about it without the use of an add-on.
Our statuses can map backward and forward in multiple places, so there is a use-case where an issue could loop back into the same status more than once. I'm not sure how the custom field would hold that data; would it only hold the last transition data?
Adding that we have a customized workflow.
We're on version 7.12.3