Hello,
Does anybody know if it is possible in the roadmap to see not only epics but more stores/tasks linked to it? (Basically the child tasks)?
And if not, do you have any tips on how we could visualize child tasks as a timeline?
Cheers,
Eva
Roadmap shows only Epics. You can not visualize any other issue type in roadmap.
Does anyone know if the Roadmap feature will be enhanced to display Stories?
I would like to see Tasks/Subtasks in the calendar view of Roadmap as well. They are important to see when it comes to how much progress is made, how much time each task is taking, etc., but not all tasks are at Epic level, so the calendar should also show tasks, subtasks, stories, etc.
Hi @Alexey Matveev , do you know if the Roadmap feature will be enhanced so that Epics can be expanded to show subtasks?E.g. When looking at this page https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirasoftwarecloud/roadmap-957979308.html and scrolling to the section "Configure the Jira Roadmap macro" the image used there shows expandable arrows next to the Epic titles inferring that they could be expanded. Is this possible now? or a feature to be released soon?If not, how do I make those arrows appear? What was the intended functionality for them?
I do not quite understand what you mean by extendible arrows.
Hi @Alexey Matveev Thank you for responding I've attached the image here, and circled the "expandable arrows)". This image appears within the Atlassian documentation (linked in the previous message). I'd like to understand what they are for and how I might leverage them.
Hi, you can vote for this feature here: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSWCLOUD-17740
We would very much appriciate a fully functioning roadmap feature complete with Stories and Tasks.
From my findings: To be able to expand an epic, you will have to add a sub task / story to that epic. Doing so will provide that arrow.Also, the "status" and "type" filters will use the both status of the epic and its children as the data for filtering against -- leading to confusing results at times
I am also interested in this roadmap view with the possibility to view also tasks and subtasks, and not only epics.
thaks,
thanks
Just add story/task to the epic and the will appear in the roadmap under the epic
Hi,
Is there a way we can see the progress of the stories too? Cos, otherwise we do not know when a story starts and when a story ends, what is the progress of the story, etc
The stories do contain sub-tasks and when these sub-tasks are marked as Done, then is it possible to view the progress at the Story level?
The Roadmap view now seems to show issues under epics, but unfortunately it doesn't show the date range for issues. There's an open issue here that can be voted up: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSWCLOUD-18668.
I would like to bump this issue up. The roadmap should show all tasks, subtasks, and so on... please. thanks!
Thanks @Fabio Kepler for highlighting this!I made my vote.
Voted up. Strange that a timeline table/gantt does not include all cell values for the rows/columns it displays...
But can not add subtask.
Agree - Being able to see the child (task or story) under the epic in the calendar would really help. For a classic planning roadmap, in my epic I may have tasks which are for each quarter for example so I only want to see the task set to the date in each quarter. Currently you can only see the epic running over the whole year. You can add the start and end date fields to tasks and a story but it does not reflect onto the roadmap.
To see child issues from other projects, please upvote here:https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSWCLOUD-21093
To see on the roadmap child issues from other projects, please upvote here:https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSWCLOUD-21093
No need to see sub tasks accross projects, at least task from the project would be a great improvement
We pay an awful lot of money and this thing barely covers the basics. We're going to have to look at other options
Any update on this? I would like to see when a task in one epic blocks a task in a different epic.
I can see a screenshot which appears to show the 'obvious' Gannt chart with epics and their tasks shown as time bars (in different colours)- how is this achieved?
Morning all! You can add time journey estimates for tasks, stories and bugs on the roadmap gantt chart individually if you create a Team-Managed Board, and then enable Backlog and Sprints (found in project settings -> features). This will give you a view on the roadmap that looks like this and shows which tasks are in the current sprint (with timescales) - see attached photo.
You just need to make sure that the tasks you want on a particular timescale are included in the sprint (under the backlog tab, once you've enabled it)
Enjoy!!
Why cant it just use start date and due date to do this. I dont want to have to create many sprints just for this
Doesnt seem to be something that JIRA have enabled yet - hopefully it's on their roadmap going forward but this is how I get around this in the short term.
Wow that is *super* helpful Joanne. But I also found that you can just turn off Sprints and I get Child-things on the Roadmap with times. So I suppose the Sprint feature blocks putting dates on children unless they're, as you say, in the current Sprint.
Can't we see the Story's sub task?Would show the whole tree preview : Epic > Story > SubTask.For now it only show the Epic > Story, everything below isn't accessible
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.