I need to create a CustomFieldType with a custom field customisation screen. If I try to create an instance of the default SingleSelectCustomFieldType, the field customisation screen will ask me to provide a name, an optional description and a list of possible values to be selected.
In the plugin I'm writing, I am going to define a new CustomFieldType (say MyCFT), and need to override this screen with a custom screen so that MyCFT instances may be configured the way I want (for instance, I may want to offer the user to select from a dropdown of projects instead of asking a list of possible values).
I tried to read the source for the existing CustomFieldTypes, but could only find the FieldResource class for the REST API, and no way to specify custom velocity templates or soy files for a specific CustomFieldType. Is this feasible or will require "hacks" in order to happen? Has anyone done that before?
Working on JIRA Server 7.4.2, if this helps. Thank you in advance.