Hi,
I'm having a JIRA instance (version 7.13) running at localhost:8080. It has a project with key "JUL". I'm following the Jira's REST API tutorial here to create an issue remotely.
This is my request (GET) body:
http://localhost:8080/rest/api/2/issue/createmeta?projectKeys=JUL&issuetypeNames=Bug&expand=projects.issuetypes.fields
&data={
"fields": {
"project":
{
"key": "JUL"
},
"summary": "REST ye merry gentlemen.",
"description": "Creating of an issue using project keys and issue type names using the REST API",
"issuetype": {
"name": "Bug"
}
}
}
Some how I don't get the expected result in the tutorial but this error response:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes"?>
<status>
<status-code>500</status-code>
<message>key <fields
> doesn't match pattern</message>
<stack-trace>java.lang.RuntimeException: key <fields
> doesn't match pattern
at com.atlassian.plugins.rest.common.expand.parameter.DefaultExpandParameter$ExpandKey.from(DefaultExpandParameter.java:122)
at com.atlassian.plugins.rest.common.expand.parameter.DefaultExpandParameter$ExpandKey.access$000(DefaultExpandParameter.java:100)
at com.atlassian.plugins.rest.common.expand.parameter.DefaultExpandParameter.appendParam(DefaultExpandParameter.java:67)
at ......
The error log is exceeded 2000 chars, basically I think that may be there was some problem with my <fields> JSON structure, may be the document was not up-to-date, but I don't know where to find the correct structure for that. Could you please give me some tips on this, thank you.