On my standalone Jira server, it generated the access.log files and I ran them through the Access-log-analyser-2.0.1.jar. It produced some interested stats so I wanted to try it at a customer's Data Center install of 2 Jira nodes. Either node had any access.log files so I enabled the Jira Http Access logs under "Logging and Profiling." Several atlassian-jira-http-access.log files were generated.
When I ran them under the analyser I got numerous errors:
Reading atlassian-jira-http-access.log% ...
Invalid Status Code '-'. Will try next token...
Invalid Status Code '-'. Will try next token...
Invalid Status Code '-'. Will try next token...
Invalid Status Code '"https://jira.desjardins.com/browse/NEXTCP-13917"'. Will try next token...
Invalid Status Code '"Mozilla/5.0'. Will try next token...
Invalid Status Code '(Windows'. Will try next token...
Invalid Status Code 'NT'. Will try next token...
Invalid Status Code '6.1;'. Will try next token...
Invalid Status Code 'Win64;'. Will try next token...
Invalid Status Code 'x64)'. Will try next token...
Invalid Status Code 'AppleWebKit/537.36'. Will try next token...
Invalid Status Code '(KHTML,'. Will try next token...
Invalid Status Code 'like'. Will try next token...
Invalid Status Code 'Gecko)'. Will try next token...
Invalid Status Code 'Chrome/70.0.3538.110'. Will try next token...
Invalid Status Code 'Safari/537.36"'. Will try next token...
Invalid Status Code '"1gjor3u"'. Will try next token...
Error parsing atlassian-jira-http-access.log% at line 2 : Unable to find a numeric item after the request chunk. Chunk = ' - - - "https://jira.desjardins.com/browse/NEXTCP-13917" "Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/70.0.3538.110 Safari/537.36" "1gjor3u"'
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
So as a brute force fix, I deleted all the lines with ' - - - '. i.e. no timing results
and got the following error:
Reading atlassian-jira-http-access.log ...
Analysing data ...
Detected that access logs are NOT in standard JIRA format - response times will not be analysed.
Unable to detect the context path. Please contact Atlassian
Next I added the --context-path='/' to got the warning:
Using configured context path ''
Reading atlassian-jira-http-access.log ...
Analysing data ...
Detected that access logs are NOT in standard JIRA format - response times will not be analysed.
Writing summary to request-log-summary.wiki
Writing time chart to requests-over-time.html
Writing unrecognised requests to unknown-requests.txt
Basically the results with useless.
Ideas???
Thanks, Brent