I am going insane trying to figure this out. After upgrading from server 6.0.6 to 6.13.0 my instance will not render the pages correctly (see incorrect rendering).
However, if I use the local IP http://10.1.1.100:8090/confluence all is well (see correct rendering)
Thus, no one outside my LAN can view the pages correctly. Let me explain my setup.
After relocating to this new house my only viable choice was to use a Dynamic DNS name confluence.polymicro.net which points to my router IP. In the router I have port forwarding setup to send all 80, 8080, and 8090 requests to my server at 10.1.1.2. In the server apache configuration, I have proxy forwarding setup to send requests to confluence.polymicro.net over to 10.1.1.100:8090 and reverse proxy to send the URL back to the requestor.
<VirtualHost *:80>
ServerName confluence.polymicro.net
ProxyPreserveHost On
ProxyPass /confluence http://10.1.1.100:8090/confluence
ProxyPassReverse /confluence http://confluence.polymicro.net/confluence
# DumpIOInput On
# DumpIOOutput On
# LogLevel debug dumpio:trace7
ErrorLog ${APACHE_LOG_DIR}/error-confluence.log
CustomLog ${APACHE_LOG_DIR}/access-confluence.log combined
RewriteEngine on
# LogLevel trace5
# Redirect 301 / http://confluence.polymicro.net:8090
# RedirectMatch 301 ^(.*)$ http://confluence.polymicro.net:8090/confluence/$1
# Redirect "^$" "http://confluence.polymicro.net/confluence"
# Redirect "/" "http://confluence.polymicro.net/confluence"
</VirtualHost>
There is also a hairpin NAT configured to permit my LAN to access the instance using the DYNDNS name URL.
In essence a request to http://confluence.polymicro.net resolves the DNS to the IP of my router -> port 80 forwards -> 10.1.1.2 -> apache proxy passes the request to 10.1.1.100:8090.
I have spent 2 days on this and can't understand why this is all not working correctly when the old instance worked just fine. Why does a request using the LAN address cause rendering to work? What in the bowels of Confluence is depending on the URL request to render?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.