Using Jira Server v7 and Jira Service Desk
I'd like users to be able to change the issue type in the edit screen and then the fields (controlled by behaviors plugin) or the screen itself update the same way it does when you change the issue type in the create screen.
Scenario:
We're primarily going to be taking in Service Desk tickets using email requests
Request issue type/Customer Request Type 'Email request' Received in the Service Desk
Currently the engineer has to change the issue type in the quick view to either Service Request or other issue types, then hit my Begin Triage transition which brings up a screen with all the fields associated with those issue types.
What I would really like, is that instead of this being a two stage process, for the engineer to be able to just hit the Begin Triage transition, the screen comes up, he changes the Issue Type and the fields/screen changes
I'm aware that using the move function is possible but I'm trying to make it a little slicker
I read that this MAY be possible with custom events? Essentially I just want my edit screen to mimic the way the create screen works.
FYI I'm also using the same same screen for all issue operations.
Request has it's own screen for all issue operations
The other 5 issue types all use the same screen for all issue operations as we have no need to split it out, as far as I can tell this wouldn't make a difference in functionality given what I'm after