Hello Team,
We want to connect test cases(From Excel sheets) and Customer requirements in JIRA. Is there any provision provided for it?
In my past program, we developed requirements in JIRA and test cases in JIRA but assigned the test cases a separate issue type.
By using Confluence, I would drag the requirement ticket into a table in Confluence.
Then any test cases, attachments, text or clarifying comments were entered into the Confluence page (either in the table cell or in the page's comments section)
Defects were also mapped against requirements so the team could understand which requirements still had open defects.
I use this approach now when brainstorming requirements for a project.
At the start of the project, the requirements are very high level. By using Confluence and JIRA, I refine the requirements into separate tickets, drag them into a Confluence page and then have a nice requirements traceability matrix with ongoing documentation.
Hi @Annaso Chandure
In order to create a Traceability Matrix in Jira, I would recommend to try our TraceabilityX app for Jira
You can download it and try it to see if works for you. Any questions you may have, do not hesitate to raise a support ticket from our vendor page.
Regards,
Andrea
Hi, Andy - Could you share an example of this? I'd appreciate it!
Hi - Here is a screen shot of a simple Requirements Traceability Matrix in Confluence using tasks/users stories or any JIRA issue type.
Just create table, manually enter the high level requirements and drag the detailed user stories into the table.
I find it very useful to break down high level requirements into user stories and track the delivery of the high level requirement to the detailed user story.
When you are first defining scope, it helps to identify the high level requirements and then map to the detailed requirements.
Let me know if you have any questions!
Hi - good info thanks. I am relatively new to JIRA. The part I am having trouble with is as follows, if you can help that would be great.
For example: Auditor needs to track a financial approval process. I need to be able to confidently go back to the business and demonstrate how the story was delivered.
The Dev Team may close, reword, split / merge with another story - this is where it gets hard to track the original story.
I am looking for a dynamic update.
It looks like I need to build this table up so I'll also look to add Epics, Sprints and Acceptance testing
Below is my Question link
https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/Story-Requirements-tracing-in-JIRA/qaq-p/1127537
Many thanks
Rana
@Andrew Makar how do you manage the test cases within JIRA? If you have to modularise the test cases or for that matter create the test execution cycles then, how do you replicate this aspect in JIRA.
We use Test Rail which integrates with the Jira issue type. This way the Jira issue type still represents the requirement and the test cases are aligned to the issue type.
Hi Andrea: can the same app used for the cloud version? Please advise.
Hi Frank,
Sorry for the late response. I miss the notification.
TraceabilityX app is not Cloud Compatible yet.
We are working to make it possible, but it is too soon yet to share a roadmap.
Stay tuned and do not hesitate in reaching us if you have any comments or questions.
Regards
@Andrew Makar Is it possible for you to share an example or screenshot of how you integrate testrail with Jira issue type please?
Hi @Sandeep Kaur I no longer have access to that JIRA repository but it simply was an integration with JIRA and Test Rail.
JIRA displays the test rail link within the ticket. I'm sure if you contact the TestRail software vendor they can help you further.
Andy
Disclaimer: I´m from Ease Solutions, the vendor of R4J - Requirements Management for Jira
For all test app lovers, requirements and issue mangers looking for an app to organize and trace your links from e.g requirements over implementation tasks to test case:
Additional to a flexible, free structure to organize any kind of issue in your hierarchical tree we
If you interested, give it a try/trial or ask for a free tool demo.
BTW, test cases can be from any test app, also from our T4J - Test Management for Jira, as long they are Jira issues.
Have a great day, Bernhard
@Andrea Do you know if and when the app will be available for Jira Cloud?
Hi @Annaso Chandure ,
I would suggest migrating those tests to actual Test issues in Jira... but not simple Test issues (you could do that but I would not recommend it). You need to have tests in Jira where you can have all the details, such as their steps, and other properties. I prefer Xray Test Management for managing testing activities; provides a Traceability report for this purpose. You can use it to create tests and link them to Story or Epic issues, for example.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.