When I assign a ticket to a user in Jira, it always comes in my name when ticket is created. It was never like that earlier. Please help
Hi @Mandeep Singh,
Are you creating the ticket right in Jira?
You should check your workflow to see if there are any post-functions that are setting the assignee as you or 'currentuser'
There also might be an automation rule in project settings that is assigning the ticket to you after it's created.
The only other thing I can think of is the default assignee, but that shouldn't override you assigning the ticket to someone else.
Hope this helps!
Yes, I am creating a ticket in Jira. I will share the steps. This might help you to give me the solution.
did you check the things I mentioned above regarding workflow post-functions, automation rules, and default assignee?
I have checked the project settings, default assignee is un assigned. To cross check I checked the other project and there if I create a ticket and assign a user I don't face a problem. Settings are same...
Please help....
Thankyou for the steps. I will define briefly what I did.
I opened project settings.
It worked for me.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.