Looking for general advice from experts towards solving my desired use case:
Using Confluence and Jira, I am trying to build a content management system for our organization that utilizes database relationships, forms, workflows, etc. Approvals with signatures (passwords) are important, as is version control reviews etc. We are currently using Comala workflows which is great.
I am having trouble creating 'objects' with attributes or meta data, that is available across the instance. I am having trouble figuring out my options. For the simplest example:
- I want to create a Customer object, for example, Atlassian. In confluence I imagine this to be a page, with some attributes such as Contact, address.
- I want to be able to have another template, for example, for Purchasing. Lets say I create a purchasing page from a template (using scaffolding perhaps), and I want to have a field that is for the Customer. Ideally this is a drop down menu that auto populates from the Customers.
- Finally, these objects should be filterable, so I can click on the Customer, and it will so all the purchases where this Customer has been entered.
I can see labels being able to solve a lot of the filtering issues, such as searching for a combination of the Customer label and the purchase record label, but it is difficult to use labels in a form-type interaction, where the user selects from available labels.
Is this achievable in confluence? Perhaps it is a Jira issue, however the Comala workflows for Confluence are much nicer than in Jira. Perhaps this is not a suitable application for Jira or Confluence.
Thanks for your help.