Does anyone know why I'm not getting the Epic link option when creating Jira stories from Confluence? Confluence version maybe ... ?
Disclaimer, I'm newly interacting with this Confluence instance & associated Jira project(s), not an instance admin.
Hi @Brian Botelho,
I am assuming that the issue "TIS-70" an epic that is already linked to that Confluence page. If so, Confluence will only allow you to link additional issues created from the Create Jira Issue macro to that epic.
There was a request to change this earlier this year, but Atlassian decided not to implement it.
CONFSERVER-37965
Hope this helps,
-Scott
Hi @Scott Theus,
Thank you for the follow up and information.
When you say "already linked to that Confluence page", are you referring to linked via page properties?
This maybe moot BTW because I wasn't getting the Epic link option on a brand new page (no Epic link on the page) and with the Epic link (via page properties) on the page.
Note: I just commented in the closed Jira ticket (CONFSERVER-37965) not that that'll help ...
Regards,
-Brian
I'm referring to an epic link on the page, not via the page properties. Your screen shot suggests that TIS-70 is attached to the page already with an epic link,...What happens when you select a project?
Thanks Scott.
BTW, the Epic in the screenshot is from the Atlassian training video, not my screen. It's an example of how its "supposed" to work.
BTW, when I select a project I still don't get the Epic link option.
Hmmm....
This may not be it, but you mentioned that you are not an admin for this instance...Do you have "Edit" permissions for the projects you are linking to? I wouldn't think it was a permissions issue, but it doesn't hurt to check.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.