Hello,
I'm currently trying to install a MySQL Database for Confluence.
I have never worked with MySQL before.
I'm trying to install MySQL and Confluence on the same Server, a Windows 2012 R2.
I used these guides:
https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/database-setup-for-mysql-128747.html
https://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/8.0/en/windows-installation.html
I downloaded a version of MySQL called '(mysql-installer-community-5.7.24.0.msi)' from the official website.
[I tried a zip archive called '(mysql-5.7.24-winx64.zip)' first but I did not know what to do with it or how to install it - seeing as I couldn't find the files I seemed to need to install it.]
So, I went through the installation, but:
None of the things I have to configurate are there.
The Atlassian database setup guide expects me to check things I can't choose -
like 'Transactional Database Only' which I haven't seen in the whole installation procedure, or 'InnoDB' which you can choose, but only for testing purposes.
Also, something like 'Reconfigure Instance' does not exist.
I just choose the things which seemed best but now I have an DB I can't do much with.
How does this work? Which MySQL Installation do I need?
I choose a supported MySQL version but the documentation is completely different?
Thanks in advance.