Hello Everone,
I've made a single select custom field required. however, it is still showing the "None" option in the custom field. I've also performed re-indexing but the "None" still exists in the custom filed.
And I also tried to remove "None" option from the single select custom field by checking the below URL. However, None option still appears in the Custom fields.
Jira Version - 7.12.3
https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/how-to-remove-none-from-a-select-list-custom-field-144212308.html
Lines in the edit-select.vm
#disable_html_escaping()
#customControlHeader ($action $customField.id $customField.name $fieldLayoutItem.required $displayParameters $auiparams)
<select class="select cf-select" name="$customField.id" id="$customField.id">
#if (!$fieldLayoutItem || $fieldLayoutItem.required == false)
<option value="-1">$i18n.getText("common.words.none")</option>
#else
#if ( !$configs.default )
<option value="">$i18n.getText("common.words.none")</option>
#end
#end
#foreach ($option in $configs.options)
#if(!$option.disabled || $option.disabled == false || ($value && $value == $option.optionId.toString()))
<option#if ($value && $value == $option.optionId.toString()) selected="selected"#end value="$option.optionId">$cfValueEncoder.encodeForHtml($option.value)</option>
#end
#end
</select>
#customControlFooter ($action $customField.id $fieldLayoutItem.fieldDescription $displayParameters $auiparams)
Replaced it with the below lines:
<select class="select cf-select" name="$customField.id" id="$customField.id">
#end
#foreach ($option in $configs.options)
#if(!$option.disabled || $option.disabled == false || ($value && $value == $option.optionId.toString()))
<option#if ($value && $value == $option.optionId.toString()) selected="selected"#end value="$option.optionId">$cfValueEncoder.encodeForHtml($option.value)</option>
#end
</select>
Any help would be greatly upreciated.
Thanks,
Manikanta.