Hi all,
Currently, my Service Desk doesn't send any notifications to the reporter but I and any other ServiceDesk users receive the notification that an issue has been created.
I've checked the permissions scheme and notifying the reporter is enabled for each one.
| Issue Created | - Current Assignee
- Group (Technology Service Delivery Staff)
- Reporter
|
This issue doesn't seem to affect regular JIRA projects.
Does anyone have any ideas as to what the most likely culprit would be?
___________________________________________
EDIT: SOLUTION FINALLY FOUND
Okay, so I actually ended up giving up for a while because I was beginning to get overwhelmed with issues as the userbase began to come back from their Christmas holidays.
As someone else said, the fact that JIRA was creating duplicates was a "separate issue" which at the time, I believed. Nevertheless, that's what I tried to resolve first and then work on the communication being broken later.
I did a bunch of research and discovered that Jira Helpdesk has its own mail handler (I didn't know this as I didn't set it up). I always assumed it was configured with the rest of the JIRA mail handlers (Admin > System > Incoming Mail). Once I deleted the mail handler there, I only had the special ServiceDesk running in it which resolved the issue!
My theory is that the regular JIRA mail handler created the JIRA ticket first, followed by the ServiceDesk mail handler which is what created the clash.