Can I import a CSV file into a next-gen project?
Seems we will need to wait for the Next-Gen projects to gain more functionality.
Hello,
I am adding this in case other users are going to search for a way to do so.
Importing issues from CSV to next-gen projects is possible as long as you don't map any custom field in the Next-Gen project. This is because of the below bug:
Please review above bug ticket for details.
I'm not sure about importing directly to an existing next gen project, but as a workaround you could import the issues into a normal Jira project then move them over to the next gen project as specified in this documentation:
https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirasoftwarecloud/migrate-from-an-next-gen-project-to-a-classic-project-957974933.html?_ga=2.112368196.1975728425.1544404650-1760366298.1538725681
Hope this helps!
Yes, I did exactly this. The biggest challenge is the custom fields. I modified / created the fields with exactly the same names on both projects, but the Move does not map the fields so the values are not moved over. Bummer!
How about copying the issues instead of moving them? There are some people who said they did that here:
https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Next-gen-articles/Everything-you-want-to-know-about-next-gen-projects-in-Jira/ba-p/894773
Look at Joshua Sabol's comment
Works for me - need to use in my CSV:
and in my config.txt
We had to abandon assigning the imported tickets to a Sprint because the Sprint field seems to require an ID, not the name.
I went into my Next-Gen project settings -> Features.
Enabled the issue navigator.
Then when i go back in my project I have an Issue tab that appeared. Click on the issue tab, the regular blue Create button appears at the top from which i create a new issue. This gives the same options as in a classic project to upload a csv.
The "import" issue is located in the top right corner of the Create issue window.
Where is this setting located?
Project settings should be at the left of your screen at the bottom of the sidebar list.
You should see your project name, with Roadmap, Backlog, Board underneath ... at the bottom of that list there should be Project Settings.
Once you click on Project settings, the sidebar will change and you should see the Features option.
Almost 2 years on and it still doesn't work.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.