Recieve this error in Jira ver 7.8.3 (catalina.out): "java.sql.SQLException: Protocol violation"
The applicatin use ojdbc7.jar (Implementation-Version: 12.1.0.1.0) and we used Oracle DB ver 12.2.0.1.
We found the note below for Confluence:
https://confluence.atlassian.com/confkb/java-sql-sqlexception-protocol-violation-caught-while-accessing-a-page-and-oracle-db-is-used-781393258.html
Our question is if the solution is also support for Jira (upgrade the ojdbc7.jar to "Implementation-Version: 12.1.0.2.0")?
Thanks
Tomer
Hi tomer,
Thanks for bringing this to our attention. The KB you cited here is for Confluence, but if you're seeing this actually in Jira, I'm not as confident the exact same steps will apply. We actually have a documented bug about this error over in https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRASERVER-60604
The workaround there indicates to use the 12.2.0.1 database driver version, although it acknowledges that our bug ticket previously recommended a different version. I believe that the KB article you cited here also needs to be updated to reflect this newer recommendation to get past this problem.
Update Oracle driver from 12.1.0.1 to 12.2.0.1 version. Download 12.2.0.1 from here Oracle JDBC 12.2.0.1 Driver. Stop JIRA Delete current driver ojdbc7-12.1.0.1.jar from <JIRA-INSTALL>/lib/ folder Upload new driver to <JIRA_INSTALL>/lib/ folder Start JIRA again
Update Oracle driver from 12.1.0.1 to 12.2.0.1 version.
In your case, I would recommend following those instructions to work past this problem. Meanwhile, I will reach out to my confluence server team to see if this KB should be updated.
Andy
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.