Hello.
I'm currently playing around with a trial, self-hosted version of Confluence for the past week and it's been very intuitive so far.
I'm considering utilizing it for a public facing documentation website, that would have several public anonymous users referring to my created page tree. Now I'm aware that Confluence automatically archives older versions of a page once it's been updated.
But is there a way that users can be presented with a choice (dropdown or similar) to choose between which versions of the document they'd like to see? Additionally would there be a way to 'version' these documents personally?
An example of a use case scenario would be PAGE ABC that pertains to version 1.5 of a product; the version of that page would also be ABC 1.5 since it relates to 1.5 of the product.
When version 1.6 of the product releases, the page would be updated with new features and subsequently be versioned ABC 1.6 as well; however I'd like ABC 1.5 to still be available to users that prefer to work with version 1.5 of the product.
Users would ideally choose from dropdown on the page, the version of ABC they'd like to view.
Is this possible on Confluence? A plugin perhaps to maintain multiple versions of a document that users can choose from?
Thanks.