Hello
I'm quite new to Confluence, so please excuse if this is an easy one :-)
We have JIRA and Confluence 6.9.1 running on the same server host (on Premise, Windows), proxied by Apache with own subdomains (jira.company.com, confluence.company.com).
I am trying to make a backup of Confluence.
When proceeding on this via Admin Web Interface, the backup takes very long time (actually even after 8 hours not finished) and causes high traffic on the server itself (100% CPU).
I found this thread here describing the same issue:
https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Confluence-questions/Confluence-Backup-Speed/qaq-p/174479
So seems to be the case when Confluence gets proxied with Apache. Recommendation / solution is to proceed the backup not through Apache but rather through backend Tomcat directly. Found the documentation over here: https://confluence.atlassian.com/conf69/manually-backing-up-the-site-950285456.html
I verified the server.xml, it shows that Tomcat is listening on Port 8090 for Confluence:
<Connector port="8090" connectionTimeout="20000" redirectPort="8443"
maxThreads="30" minSpareThreads="10"
enableLookups="false" acceptCount="10" debug="0" URIEncoding="UTF-8"
proxyName="confluence.company.com" proxyPort="443" scheme="https" secure="true"
protocol="org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11NioProtocol"/>
Also the server shows that it is listening on this port (verified with netstat -ano).
Based on the kb article mentioned above I assume the correct URL to proceed a backup of Confluence through the backend Tomcat should be:
http://localhost:8090/Confluence/admin/backup.action
When I proceed this URL on the server in neither IE or FF, I only get a 404 page not found.
The developer tools of the browser are prompting a 403 authorization required.
Based on this, I tried to create a Token in the same browser session. The login page seems to accept the credentials (both AD and local directory), but the behaviour remains unchanged.
Also when using https and / or different Port (8091) does not make any difference.
Based on this, my question is if the URL I am using above is correct? Am I missing something?
Thanks in advance for your support.
Regards, Benjamin