Hi Atlassian,
I am just setting up Confluence on my Synology DS916+ on docker. In the beggining, I just could not get it running for the life of me. I tried to install it through the synology docker UI, but it just would not start.
I then tried from SSH:
sudo docker run -v /volume1/docker/confluence:var/atlassian/application-data/confluence --name="confluence" -d --net=host atlassian/confluence-server
This however did not work either, same thing as trying from the UI.
I then tried without using host network, and it worked, I think. Using this in SSH:
sudo docker run -v /volume1/docker/confluence:var/atlassian/application-data/confluence --name="confluence" -d -p 8090:8090 -p 8091:8091 atlassian/confluence-server
So my question is, why does it not work with --net=host? Am I doing something wrong probably?
I must admit, I would like some feedback on when to use --net=host, as that is what I have always been doing with all my other containers, so I am unsure whether I should go through my other containers and change something.