I am trying to figure out the jql syntax to find all epics that have resolved or closed issues.
Thanks
Tracy
Hi Tracy
You need a script runner plugin and try JQL like below
issuetype = epic and not (issueFunction in linkedIssuesOf("status != Closed", "has Epic"))
Hello,
You could do it with the Power Scripts add-on as well:
https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/43318/power-scripts-jira-script-automation?hosting=cloud&tab=overview
Your JQL query would look like this:
"resolution is not empty")key in epicsOf(
"resolution is not empty"
)
Thank you! I will look into this too.
Hi Daniel,
when trying your JQL I get the following error.
"Could not find any issue link type having either inward or outward description: has Epic. Remove argument to search all link types. Available links are: [clones, is cloned by, created, created by, Depends on, Depending Issue, duplicates, is duplicated by, is Epic of, has Epic, Related to, Related from, tests, tested by]"
Any clue what went wrong?
Thanks Axel
There is a difference between the status values Resolved and Closed. You can resolve an issue, but then it is not closed automatically. Perhaps the above query from Daniel does not match your assumption one hundred percent.
How about this?
issuetype = epic and not (issueFunction in linkedIssuesOf("status NOT IN (Resolved, Closed)", "has Epic"))
I currently have similar problems with my query and this one worked for me.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.