Has anyone set up Confluence as a single source repository for documentation? I am looking to use it to output multiple online documents for different audiences, reusing pages and adding new pages for specific audiences. I'm used to Flare and Robohelp, where I had a tree with branches. I think I can do something similar with Confluence.
I have created a folder called "Inclusions" where I have "chunks" of information in pages. Sometimes using excerpts as well. Then I place these in macros in a new page for the specific audience I am trying to reach. This part seems to work.
However, I want to ensure that, while keeping the information searchable, only I have the ability to edit the original repository. My current thought is to keep a space called "Repository" (or something like that) then pull inclusions from it into other spaces as needed by my audiences. Will that work? Is there something easier?