I'm looking through several links that help me diagnose performance issues, but while I do so, I wanted to ask the pros if what I describe below sounds familiar. Here's the details:
- JIRA behaves sluggish when updating issues, clicking on an issue to view it, refreshing an issue (hitting F5), advancing its workflow, commenting to an issue. Probably a few other update-related activities as well.
- By sluggish, I mean when you do any of the above, the browser just "spins" like it's waiting for the network to respond.
- What's weird is it consistenty does so for exactly 11 seconds each and every time.
- JIRA runs super fast though when viewing a dashboard, creating an issue, deleting an issue.
- We just upgraded from 5.0.6 to 5.2.5. This is when I noticed the sluggishness.
- JIRA was just indexed a moment ago. Doesn't fix it.
- Below is a screenshot of a few things:
- The "system info" screen of DEV.
- A profiled log of an issue update and issue created found in the .txt file
- The profile on issue update turns up something suspect, but i'm not sure what it means:
2013-01-31 12:25:04,558 http-bio-8080-exec-3 DEBUG worthar 744x1223x1 lowvy6 10.210.75.249 /browse/MISSWHITE-224 [jira.web.filters.ThreadLocalQueryProfiler] com.atlassian.jira.config.properties.ApplicationProperties: 677 keys (6 unique) took 0ms/8518ms : 0.0% 0ms/query avg.
2013-01-31 12:25:04,558 http-bio-8080-exec-3 DEBUG worthar 744x1223x1 lowvy6 10.210.75.249 /browse/MISSWHITE-224 [jira.web.filters.ThreadLocalQueryProfiler]
2013-01-31 12:25:04,558 http-bio-8080-exec-3 DEBUG worthar 744x1223x1 lowvy6 10.210.75.249 /browse/MISSWHITE-224 [jira.web.filters.ThreadLocalQueryProfiler] RESULT GROUP: com.atlassian.jira.web.component.ModuleWebComponent
2013-01-31 12:25:04,558 http-bio-8080-exec-3 DEBUG worthar 744x1223x1 lowvy6 10.210.75.249 /browse/MISSWHITE-224 [jira.web.filters.ThreadLocalQueryProfiler] 2:8222ms renderModules [8207,15]
2013-01-31 12:25:04,558 http-bio-8080-exec-3 DEBUG worthar 744x1223x1 lowvy6 10.210.75.249 /browse/MISSWHITE-224 [jira.web.filters.ThreadLocalQueryProfiler] com.atlassian.jira.web.component.ModuleWebComponent: 2 keys (1 unique) took 8222ms/8518ms : 96.52501% 8222ms/query avg.
System Info:

Issue Create Profile:
(profile.txt)