Hi everyone,
I am looking for advice from an expert / Atlassian Support team. The question is following.
I am leading a design team of 3 people (UX / Visual Design / AutoCAD / 3D). We were recently asked to start using BitBucket to back up and do version control of all our design assets. This includes and is not limited to the file formats like .PSD, .AI, .DWG, variety of 3D file formats, etc. File sizes are often quite large averaging 150Mb each with some of the files exceeding 500Mb.
Also the size of an individual file storage can be quite large too. For instance my files take nearly 70GB. And this will likely to double in 6 months.
We have our internal version control system in place in Design. However the company decided to make a change and we have to make sure that we are doing the right thing for designers.
I did a due diligence check regarding BitBucket and whether it is suitable for design teams. What I found so far was no good news. Multiple sources are saying that BitBucket is not built for designers, etc.
In order to make a right decision as a company we need an expert opinion on the matter.
- Does BitBucket work for design teams? If yes than that’s great. If no, please can you elaborate the reasons why it is not suitable?
- Are versions of our graphical files well captured? How frequently the change is captured?
- Is there a chance that the graphical files get corrupted? If yes, how often this happens?
- Does BitBucket required any scripting / coding skills from the designers in order to use it?
- What would be the cost of storing per 1 GB/month with BitBucket?
I will very much appreciate your response.
Thanks in advance.
Myra