We have a webhook which we have been using for a couple of years with no problems and it suddenly stopped working - can't be absolutely sure when without major trawling through logs but probably within the last few weeks.
It is hosted by itself on a subdomain and triggers a local shell process which pulls content from the repo and auto merges it. Being a bit of a security nut, I ensured that only whitelisted IPs can access the domain and the hook itself over https and the list included those IPs which are listed in the relevant page online.
Now here is the thing. If I open up the domain to all requesting IPs then the hook works again just fine. When I put back the IP requirements it stops - so I am pretty sure that it has to be that the Bitbucket IP from which it is being called is not in the list.
Anyone have any ideas?
KR
Bob