Hello,
I've read a little line about "External Viewers" for Projects, but I can't find where to set that up for JIRA 6.2. Is it possible and if so: how?
Thank you!
IF you need to add read-only users to project X.
1. Create "Read only users" role. Add needed users there in project X.
2. Assign Browse project permission to "Read only users" role in permission scheme used by project X.
3. Edit all workflows for project X. In every transition add condition "Permission condition" with value "Edit issues".
4. Publish workflows.
By "external viewers", do you mean "anonymous"? The users do not need to log in to see issues in the project?
If so, then go into the permission scheme for that project and add the group called "anyone" to the "browse" permission. Then people will not need to log in to read the issues in projects using that scheme.
I *very strongly* recommend that you do NOT allow "anyone" to have any permissions that allow any form of update because the changes will be done anonymously and that's a total nightmare - the log shows "anonymous" for any changes, so you'll never know who broke what.
Thank you and no, that's doesn't sounds like a good way to do it.
I thought, maybe there was a combination of checkboxes in permission schemes or something like that where you could set a group of persons to just only viewing the issues in the projects. So, access to the project and viewing and nothing else.
So, I'm still wondering if it's possible :-)
I'm still not entirely sure what you're trying to acheive though. Anonymous access? Or certain users only able to read projects, with others able to do more
If it's the second, then yes, you can do it. You just need to edit your permission schemes and role membership so that the default access is "read only" and then you grant more power to people who actually need it (via roles ideally, as it's more flexible than groups)
Yes, the read-only option, sorry for the miscommunication.
But I can't find how to set it to read-only, I only see something about workflows to view-only in the Permission Scheme. Could you please help me a little bit more step-by-step?
Thank you, I think I can work with that!
You also need to make sure the users you are adding do NOT get additional access via another route. Such as "being in jira users" or "in other roles"
@Vera, I believe you should accept one of the other guys answers as the accepted answer, not your own comment that you can "work with this"
It's polite to accept the correct answers.
Nic, I don't see a check mark at your answer. I guess because it's a comment and not a ...? e.g. I see a checkmark at Andris' answers...
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.