I downloaded the trial version of Stash for 64-bit windows and ran the setup choosing the internal database for initial evaluation of the product. My next step was to try migrating to a Microsoft SQL server we already have available that is hosting multiple different databases. When I attempt the migration I get a generic connectivity error. I'm also not super confident in the data I'm inputting in to the migration wizard fields. The server is on the same machine as the Stash installation so I've tried a variety of variations of the computer hostname with and without leading '\\', 127.0.0.1, localhost, and all of those combinations with and without the SQL server name added afterwards (localhost\infinityqs) In the database name field I've tried the database name by itself (stash_db) along with the server name appended to the front. I get the same error every time.
The configuration entered is not valid. A database connection could not be established. Please check your configuration and try again.
com.atlassian.stash.internal.db.DefaultDatabaseManager.validateConfiguration(DefaultDatabaseManager.java:210)
com.atlassian.stash.internal.migration.DefaultMigrationService.validateConfiguration(DefaultMigrationService.java:85)
sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
...
Could not get JDBC Connection; nested exception is com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerException: The TCP/IP connection to the host 127.0.0.1, port 1433 has failed. Error: "connect timed out. Verify the connection properties. Make sure that an instance of SQL Server is running on the host and accepting TCP/IP connections at the port. Make sure that TCP connections to the port are not blocked by a firewall.".
org.springframework.jdbc.datasource.DataSourceUtils.getConnection(DataSourceUtils.java:80)
com.atlassian.stash.internal.db.DefaultDatabaseValidator.validate(DefaultDatabaseValidator.java:35)
com.atlassian.stash.internal.db.DefaultDatabaseManager.validateConfiguration(DefaultDatabaseManager.java:207)
...
The TCP/IP connection to the host 127.0.0.1, port 1433 has failed. Error: "connect timed out. Verify the connection properties. Make sure that an instance of SQL Server is running on the host and accepting TCP/IP connections at the port. Make sure that TCP connections to the port are not blocked by a firewall.".
com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerException.makeFromDriverError(SQLServerException.java:190)
com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerException.ConvertConnectExceptionToSQLServerException(SQLServerException.java:241)
com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SocketFinder.findSocket(IOBuffer.java:2243)
...
I have a stash user created and added to the db_owner role for the stash_db database. What am I missing? The server is configured correctly since we are currently using it for other production activities.