A set of Projects are using a NEW Notification Scheme (to address people's complaints that they get way too many email notices...), where ASSIGNEE is set to get notified ONLY for the following events: ISSUE Assigned, Resolved, Commented, Comment Edited, and Moved.
As Project Lead, I'm on EVERY notification event, other than Generic.
However, when I take an UNASSIGNED Jira and assign it to person X (a team member/developer), and also add a Comment in the Assignment dialog box --- person X gets NO email notices at all - not for the initial Assignment, nor for the Comment.
I'm thinking the only problem could be they are not actually the "Assignee" WHEN I change the assignment... but that makes no logical sense...
I've had two other people confirm that they are also NOT notified when they are already the Assignee, and I simply add a Comment to their Jira --- which really makes no sense!
What's wrong? what other events do they need to be added to?
----------------
RE: Hosting details below, I thought our Jira was "in the cloud", but it does not end in atlassian.net. However "About Jira" displays: Atlassian JIRA v6.0.8