How to create different create issue screen for different user.
I have to have 2 different view for External User and Internal User inside same Project
You don't. The screens used are by issue type and project. Users do not (and should not) get different screens.
@Arpit Rathore
Behaviour in the Scriptrunner Add on will help you create the different screen for different users.
Based on the user you can choose to show/hide a custom field or alter its behaviour.
https://scriptrunner.adaptavist.com/latest/jira/behaviours-overview.html
Regards
Prakhar
Hello,
If you are on Cloud, then you can not implement this feature.
If you are on Server, then you could use the ScriptRunner add-on as @Prakhar Srivastav {Appfire} mentioned or you could use the Power Scripts add-on:
https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/43318/power-scripts-jira-script-automation?hosting=cloud&tab=overview
You could use the Live Fields functionality:
https://confluence.cprime.io/display/JJUPIN/Live+Fields
This feature would let you define who is connected and show or hide necessary fields or tabs.
My Requirement is , that if External User create a issue , he should see different set of screen and When a Internal User create same issue in the same project , he should see different set of fields .
I will check the above provided steps (Scriptrunner)and will come back to you .
@[deleted]
I have gone through the link shared by you ,but can you give me exact steps for this
It depends on your case but the simplest way can be to show/hide fields based on the user's role , group or email.
Hi, @Nic Brough -Adaptavist- I know this is an old issue but just wondered if anything had changed. We want to make some fields read only and/or not visible to certain types of user. One way that occurred is dif ferent screen types for different user types. Have you any additional thoughts? We are in the cloud.
Nope, no change, and it's not going to. Issue trackers are supposed to ask for, and present, the same information depending on their type, not who is asking.
Hello @Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
I use Jira Cloud, and I also would like to make ”End Date” field (End date field used by SoftwarePlant plugins) read only for a certain types of user (group), and let other group to edit the ”End Date” field.
Do you have any solution/ idea how to do it?
Kind regards
Eduard
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.