I have followed several methods of recovery, but have had issues in all cases.
I wanted to upgrade my database to MySQL 8, so I backed it up and upgraded.
As it is unsupported it broke. So I ended up reinstalling MySQL 5.7 and restoring from the backup.
It was setup in the first run to authenticate with Jira.
After the restore, I could not log in.
I had lots of trouble trying to get everything working again, so I reinstall Ubuntu 18.04.
I got everything working, however I did not want to mess things up, so I spun up a new server on my computer (Windows 10). And loaded the backup.
I tried the fix where you change your environment, had several challenges with that, having to move it out of Program Files. After moving the -Datlassian.recovery.password=password to various parts of the file and the services spin up files. I was still unable to rectify the situation.
So I tried to try the method prior to later version (where you change the database).
I tried the provided password, but noted that the existing password hash was not even close to the same. So I copied my new password in the linux server to the windows server.
Still no dice.
Most of the stuff I can recreate, however there are few things that I really need out of there, so anything to get that stuff back would be helpful.
Thanks.