Up until the last few weeks I cannot push with sourcetree and have had to rely on intellij to push stuff up to my git master is get this:
git -c diff.mnemonicprefix=false -c core.quotepath=false push -v --tags origin master:master
fatal: HttpRequestException encountered.
An error occurred while sending the request.
git: 'credential-cache' is not a git command. See 'git --help'.
git: 'credential-cache' is not a git command. See 'git --help'.
remote: Invalid username or password.
fatal: Authentication failed for 'https://github.com/xxxxxxx/yyyyyyyy.git/'
Pushing to https://github.com/xxxxxxx/yyyyyyyy.git
Completed with errors, see above.
I have searched for a solution and see things about the credential-cache, but those forum entries were made back in 2012 and I figure whatever they say is no longer relevant and in 2018 the issue would be different. I recently updated to the current version of sourcetree and it is around then that this happened. Is there some config that needs to be changed? The push works fine when i do it from intellij so i know my credentials work and I know that my version of git is good. Pulls seem to work, which is confusing, my repo is private so i would expect to need the credentials to work for that as well
Thanks for any assistance you can provide.