I was wondering if anyone else was having issues with editing MS Excel docs with the Companion App? A specific example that we have been running into is editing Excel docs with locked fields. It throws an "Excel cannot open the file 'Example.xlsx' because the file format or file extension is not valid.....".
Hi Brett,
I'd like to test this out myself and see if I can replicate it. Could you tell me your Confluence and Microsoft Office versions?
Can you confirm that you are still able to edit Excel documents without locked fields? This sort of error can be seen if you're using an SSO with Confluence as well.
Regards,
Shannon
Hi Shannon,
We are currently on Confluence version 6.11.2 and Microsoft Office 365 ProPlus version 1811. Now that I attempt to edit other Excel docs I'm finding that I'm getting this error across the board. We have had some cases of other users getting this error from time to time but not consistently with all Excel attachments. I checked with a few other users and it now seems that we are all getting this error across the board, any thoughts on what could be happening? Thank you!
Hi Shannon and Brett, we're also running into the same issue. We are using SSO for authentication. Do you have any solution for instances with SSO?
@Brett Williams,
Thank you for confirming. If locked fields don't cause the issue, and you are using SSO, then I believe you ran into this bug:
@Shreya Rawal this may be the same bug you're running into.
The issue has since been resolved in Confluence versions 6.13.0 and 6.12.2.
Can you make sure your Confluence instances are running at least those versions and let us know if you still have the issue?
If you are NOT using SSO, please let me know, as it might be a different issue.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.