We are implementing Portfolio for Jira and I am in the midst of defining a hierarchical level on top of the epics. For this I am creating a new issue type, which in Portfolio I am setting above the "epics" level.
Due to the fact that many of our Jira projects are pertaining to our organizative initiatives (1 jira project = 1 organizative initiative) calling this issue type "Initiative" as usually suggested in Atlassian doc makes things confusing to our users.
We are thinking of other ways of naming this level, so far these are the ideas considered:
- "Initiative" ==> No because creates confusion
- "Component" or "Finite component" ==> No because it creates confusion with Jira components (many of our users are new to Jira concepts and features)
- "Group of epics" ==> Not convincing us because of the lengthy name
- "Saga"
From the top of your experiences, do you have other suggestions?
Thank you