I've just started at a new company and am currently just a user (i.e. no admin responsibility or rights). Its a large company and has ~12K+ users. I've been a Jira admin in a previous job where we used Jira Cloud and a much smaller user base (~600). At my new job we're using Jira server 7.6 and I'm experiencing really slow performance, I'm sure there are a myriad of potential reasons for this but one of the things I noticed is that my entire area (approx. 30 sprint teams) all use a single master Management Reporting" project that is composed only of Epics. i.e. the "management reporting" Jira project is comprised of about 200+ epics that are all delivered by the sprint teams in their own Jira team projects. For example, 5 of the epics in the "Management Reporting" (MR) project are being delivered by the "platform remediation" (PM) project team. Each one of the 100 stories in the PM project has a link to an epic in the (MR) project. This pattern is repeated across the other 30 team's Jira projects.
What I want to know is if this structure leads to excessive indexing and performance degradation or is it a perfectly normal and supportable use case?
Thanks in advance.
J