Hi,
We are upgrading Atlassian JIRA from version 5.0.5 to 6.1.5.
Please let us know if this will require us any additional license cost?
Thanks,
Deepti
Hi Deepti
If your current license is not expired at the moment, you can upgrade with no costs and it is fully supported.
Hope it helps,
Ricardo Carracedo.
Thanks Ricardo and Nic.Currently we are at version 5.0.1 and want to upgrade to latest, thats I believe 6.1.5. We upgraded to v5.0.1 in March 2013 and our license is very much valid. Now before upgrading in Prod, we need to try it out in our Dev and test environments. For that we need developers license. But we are entitled to get developers license to only 5.0.5 version. How can we get developer's license for latest version.Best Regards,
Last time I tried it, a developer licence works for all versions of Jira that you could use.
One of the main reasons they exist is to allow upgrade testing, so you should find that if you put the 5.0.5 developer licence into your test system while it's on v5.0.5 (or, ideally, 5.0.1 as you should start your upgrade testing from exactly what you've got on live), you'll find that when you move to 6.1.5, it'll simply say "yep, got a good licence, thanks" and work fine.
Thanks Nic. We are not upgrading JIRA directly, instead we are installing latest version instance, and then migrating data to that instance. So we will need separate license. How to proceed for that. I have created case with Atlassian, waiting for their response as well.
I'm afraid you misunderstood me. The developer licence will work on your new installation.
As a separate point, the process you describe "create new and migrate" is effectively the same as "upgrade live without bothering to test anything". I can't stress enough that you should always test an upgrade properly. Clone your live system to a test system and upgrade it - that way, you will find out all the things that could cause issues.
Got it .
Thnx
This makes sense. Got it.
Thank you!
Yes, this is helpful. Thanks for the response.
Best Regards,
Thanks for the response.Best Regards,
I dont know how to close this conversation. I can't find both the options:
Neither I see 'Grey Check Mark'. nor I can find 'Answer my own question' link. What to do? Its good to close it now.
To the left of the answers there is a check mark. I can see it on my open question.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.