I have been attempting to set up our company internal Confluence Server for limited viewing by external parties securely. I have found two options, both with unattractive downsides. I can enable anonymous access to a space, or create a dedicated user account with customized security.
My use case is as follows:
I have ~10 pages in various spaces within our Confluence site which we want to be viewable by external users, such as a partner company. I need to find the proper way of making these pages, or their contents, viewable either anonymously without requiring all future pages to be manually changed in their restrictions to disallow anonymous. I have tried setting up a dedicated space for such anonymous-directed content and using the Include macro to call it forth, but the permissions of the source pages don't allow me to assert anonymous viewing without changing the entire space to allow anonymous. If there was a method of defining default space permissions to disallow anonymous, so I don't have to trust users will make the change themselves, that would also work.
I have explored using a custom 'guest' account, but the issue there is the guest can still see other user's personal spaces. I have not found a method of disallowing that.
After searching through many forum posts both here and offsite, I have not found a solution yet. How have others here managed to securely provide access to specific pages in the Confluence site to external actors? The only other workaround I have found is to manually copy pages from their origin to the dedicated public space, but that leaves too much room for user error.
I am using Confluence Server v6.11.2 with a PostgreSQL database on a Windows server. Please let me know if I can provide further clarifying information!