Hello,
I have a question, can I somehow set that when I change the priority of the main task all subtasks priorities change?
Thanks,
BR, Olga
Hi,
You can add priority on any transition screen and can execute post function like Set Field Value From Parent Function.
https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/Can-I-copy-the-Priority-field-on-the-parent-issue-to-subtask/qaq-p/343113
https://innovalog.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/JMWE/pages/8552469/Post-functions#Post-functions-7-SetFieldValueFromParentFunction%28newin2.4%29
Hi @Olga Videc
My suggestion would be using Listeners,
Based on any system event(eg:Issue update),Sub-task values would be updated
FYI,
https://scriptrunner.adaptavist.com/latest/jira/listeners.html#_custom_listeners
Cheers
Hello, I tested booth of solution above and they work, ty
But since I only have the trial license for me I didn't use that but if anyone has JSU, I have a full license for Jira Suits Utility I used that.
The way to do this using JSU is using "copy value form other filed" -> Issue Relation: issue in transition to sub task -> Copy Field Priority to: Priority
All solutions work
Hi, that know but I hoped their was another way but ok ty
Great advice ty
Just a note for others, in case someone uses JSU post function on Create transition (for example, when inheriting priority to subtask from parent):
If you are using the "Copy Value From Other Field" post function in the Create transition, in general you must position it BEFORE the "Creates the issue originally." and before the "Re-index an issue to keep indexes in sync with the database." post function.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.