One of my clients has made the smart move to start using JIRA. However, they do not want to use it as an Issue Tracker, but a Product Tracker.
Simply put. A new product appears, is entered into JIRA, and then flows through some steps like "Needs approval", "Needs Translation" and so on.
In general I think JIRA should work for this, but now I have some questions about a few things I'm not sure about. Perhaps you guys can help me out?
1) Is it possible to set 'Alerts'. If a product is not Translated before the set deadline, the owner/watchers need to get an e-mail about this. (Simply put, email for all passing deadlines)
2) Is it possible to set-up e-mailhandlers when you have a Hosted account @ Atlassian. And can you use another domain (www.example.com for instance) if wanted?
3) Is it possible to send a Report when an Product is 'Closed'? For instance, when I close the ticket I want to send an email to a few persons saying the Product is Ready. And combined with some JIRA-fields, like Starting Date, Deadline, etc.
4) Is it possible to check for double entered tickets? (Without a third party plugin)
If you guys have any other idea on this, please let me know! I'm very exited to get this started but I have so much to workout. Like making Groups, Fields and a new workflow.
Kind regards!
Maarten