Dear all
Is it possible to know the creation time and creator of some JIRA custom fields?
Say in the JIRA, there exists a custom field called "Next Version", can I get the creation time/creator info for that?
Thanks a advance
Do you mean the time the field was created by an administrator? Or the time someone put a value into the field on a specific issue?
The first needs an audit trail (there's a plugin for that), but I suspect you really do mean the second option, in which case the answer is a simple "yes". If the user fills in a field on creation, then it's the creation date. If it's updated, then all changes to the field will be logged in the history of the issue.
The more difficult bit is searching for "someone updated field X on issue Y"
@Nic Brough
Thanks
Actually, I wanna know when and by whom certain custom fields was added to the system.
Because we have several sys-admins, I'm not sure who added that field.
Ah, right :-) It's usually the other question!
Jira itself doesn't currently log administrative actions, but I've had a lot of success with https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.plugenta.jiraauditor (It costs money, but it's very useful when you've got a distributed team of admins, or admins across several business units)
Hi @Nic Brough -Adaptavist- Is there a way to check-in database? When was custom field created and/or when an option to dropdown was added? if so which table? any idea
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.