Hi,
I need to set the label field of few Jira tickets via jira-python binding
However so far I had no luck achieving this.
This is what I've tried so far.
==============================
As per the below link and few other forum posts, Ive tried to update the labels feils of few of the jira issues via Jira python library.
https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/How-to-update-labels-for-the-issues-present-in-Jql-query-Filter/qaq-p/265116
However I was constantly receiving the following errors
When using this method
issue.update(labels=['SentToMaintainer'])
response text = {"errorMessages":["Can not instantiate value of type [simple type, class com.atlassian.jira.rest.api.issue.FieldOperation] from JSON String; no single-String constructor/factory method (through reference chain: com.atlassian.jira.rest.v2.issue.IssueUpdateBean[\"update\"])"]}
When using the second method
----------------------------
issue.update(fields={"labels": ['SentToMaintainer']})
response text = {"errorMessages":[],"errors":{"labels":"Field 'labels' cannot be set. It is not on the appropriate screen, or unknown."}}
I also tried to directly changing the field with no luck (no error but it doesnt show up correctly in the webpage)
issue.fields.labels = ['sentomaintainer']
>>> issue.fields.labels
['sentomaintainer']
https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/Problem-trying-to-add-label-using-cURL/qaq-p/255420
As per this issue, I checked my credentials and when done manually I can change the label field. so that should not be the case
Any help is much appreciated
Thanks
ABCD