Hi,
I want to set `jira.issue.editable` property to false if the field value is x. I want to do it through behaviour or script listener.
Can anyone please help me to set this property via groovy script
This won't work.
The jira.issue.editable property is a workflow property. It kicks in on a workflow status. This means that if you did write a script that would set it to false when a custom field was X, all issues using that workflow would become uneditable while in the status you set it on as soon as you did it for the first issue.
There's no way to block edit on an issue just because a field changes.
Hi @Nic Brough -Adaptavist-, Thanks for the answer.
Is there any other way to override the workflow property then?
What I am thinking, Lets set the 'jira.issue.editable' to false when the issue is moved to certain status. So, issue will not be editable when it is in X status.
But, I want to monitor the field through script listener or behavior. So, if field X doesn't have value set, I would like to override the workflow property. Meaning, It should make the issue to editable or atleast it should make the particular field to editable.
Please share your thoughts.
Thanks for your help!
Hi @Nic Brough -Adaptavist-,
Here is my requirement,
- Lock the issue (make it non-editable) when it is moved to certain status. : So, I will add a 'jira.issue.editable' property to false to a status
- Behaviour script/ script runner should check the value of an field at anytime. If the field is not having value as production, then it should make the issue to editable.
Again, the property belongs to the status, not the issue. There isn't anything to override based on fields, because it's a status property.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.