Here is the scenario:
I have configured a mail handler in Jira.
1. When I send an email it creates the initial ticket. When I "reply" to that email (same subject line), it adds it as a comment to the first ticket. This is the correct behaviour.
2. When I send an email it creates the initial ticket. When I send a second email with the same exact subject (but not reply) it will create a new ticket. This is not the correct behaviour.
The difference between the 2 cases above is that in the first case when an email is replied it adds a "Re:" to the subject line. Whereas the second case does not have that.
Any idea why I am experiencing this behaviour in case 2? Issue is that we have a 3rd party application that sends emails to the mail handler and if subject is an exact match we'd like comments to be generated rather than a new ticket.
Any feedback will be appreciated.
Thanks