I'm working on a syncing script between our organizations GitHub and Jira accounts, and issue creation is happening until I include the custom field that references the GitHub issue.
{
"labels": [],
"project": { "id": "10000" },
"priority": { "name": "Medium" },
"description": { "type": "doc", "content": [ { "type": "paragraph", "content": [ { "type": "text", "text": "..." } ] } ], "version": 1 },
"issuetype": { "id": "10002" },
"components": [],
"summary": "Github Title",
"assignee": { "name": "Github/Jira user association" },
"customfield_10021": { "value": "https://github.com/org/repo/issues/1" }
}
The custom field I have linked to these issues is confirmed and works within the interface, but when I submit via the v3 rest API I get the following error response:
{
errorMessages: [],
errors: { customfield_10021: 'Not a valid URL' }
} I've tried all variations of the custom field I could think of (mainly the above, and passing a regular string, which tells me it needs to be an object).
These API errors and documentation really seems lacking in clarity...