Is there a quick way to insert a timestamp in a Confluence page?
e.g. Like media wiki
If you type // you get a date picker and you can pick the current date – it doesn't happen on saving as in MediaWiki. It would just end up being plain text, of course, and could be changed later.
This timestamp should represent what exactly? Page created/updated? Should it be visible on each page or only on certain pages?
I believe the idea would be that you'd want to log an event in a Confluence page. If, for instance, you are returning someone's call and have a meeting minutes page set up you might like to know not just the date, but also the time the return call was made.
Is there any further information on this? The OP's question didn't really seem to be answered as he was looking for a timestamp, not just a calendar date. I find I need the same. I'd like to keep a time log of events on one page. Is there a way to insert a timestamp while typing content?
Ah, I found the timestamp feature in the Handy Macros for Atlassian plugin. That matches my needs.
Hello!
You can use a Handy Timestamp macro from Handy Macros for Confluence.
You could just create a simple user macro. (Though it's hardly surprising that people try to sell expensive plugins on here instead of just copy/pasting a simple script as an answer.)
Here's "mine" - I borrowed it from another thread on here. It will insert the date and time of when the page was last saved.
## Macro title: CurrentTimeAndDate## Macro has a body: N## Body processing: Selected body processing option## Output: Selected output option#### Developed by: David Skreiner stole it from https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/25481/insert-current-date-into-confluence-page## Date created: 06/07/2016## Installed by: David Skreiner
## @noparams$action.dateFormatter.formatGivenString("dd. MMM yyyy HH:mm", $content.currentDate)
To save it as a user macro, go to Administration -> User Macros.To use it, edit a page, choose insert macro, then select the name you've given it.
Hi David, do we copy the whole lot or a portion of this code. Also can it go into a sidebar panel? Thanks Michelle
The script above does not constitute a timestamp, It will show the current date/time on the page. A macro is needed that sets metada to a fixed timestamp when the macro is triggered/link clicked.
It should just insert the time now.
This helped me with what I needed, a place to see who edited the page and when.
Hi All,
I completely forgot I posted this.
Thank you for all your suggestions.
Regards,
Peter
Thanks Jonathan,
A VERY Belated "Thank you" for posting this suggestion.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.