I've not found a way of altering the status on a ticket when a linked issue is created. Is there a way to do this?
You would need to use a plugin such as script runner to accomplish this.
You should be able to do this using the existing Automation. However, the details of what you are trying to do might take you beyond the built in automation. I use this to update the status of my JSD issues that have development JSW issues linked.
thanks Brant
I am happily updating 'service desk' tickets when a linked 'software' ticket is transitioned, but not when a linked ticket is created. If you can tell me how to do that without incurring cost, then christmas will have come early.
I misread your request and concur w/ @Brant Schroeder that an addon would be needed (?). You might be able to come up w/ a solution depending on the details still. Such as, you might be able to trigger on "comment added" and condition of "comment contains". But TBH, this could get messy even if it is possible. I expect you will end up with Scriptrunner, Power Scripts, Automation for Jira...
Thanks Jack, appreciate you thinking about it
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.