Hi Every one!
Any ideas on how to add components in this sort of a template? Documentation suggests it's quite straightforward but I can't seem to even locate the column section on JIRA cloud.
Hi @Corinne MacCormack
As I know if you are using Next-Gen project then Components (similar to sub-tasks, required fields, versions, .. ) are not yet available for that type of project. It is a pretty early development stage, so until all elements would be available for that type it would take some time...
Thanks Mirek!
If your goal is to just group tickets by components you could create a custom dropdown field called "Component" or use the label field. But you won't get the overview pages like they are available on classic projects.
That really stinks. I was hoping to use it. Not having it is going to hurt us in being able to ensure high accuracy when grouping stories by agile team. Please get this feature added as soon as possible. Thanks!!
It sounds like they are working on some kind of customizations for the card view (it's on the public roadmap, at least).
I think the approach you described is a viable one. For now, I'm going to be using a set of labels instead of components. Once they have the ability to customize the card view, or a dedicated components feature, I'll just update any issues with the appropriate labels to use the components.
Fortunately, we don't have a lot of components. If we did, I'd probably use your solution and forgo having them be visible on the cards in the interim.
Oh man... but the roadmap feature looked so cool. I'm surprised this was released without this sort of basic functionality included...
Any updates on components for next-gen projects? Where can I see the roadmap?
Under issue types you can add a custom field - check boxes, drop downs etc That can help with this
Hi Tom, I know this is an older comment but it seems that others are interested in this too.
The link for the public roadmap is here 👉 Atlassian public roadmap but as of today I still couldn't find Next-gen components support on this list.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.