I am having a Jira server with version 7.3.3 connected to LDAP. I am executing multiple rest APIs in parallel as a result of which Jira started responding with Http Status code-401 with the response body:
[HTTP/1.1 401, 820x23134558x6, SEN-L12532905, JSESSIONID=EF6F6D9146FC9F72F84FE9D8B4C4DA54;path=/;HttpOnly, AUTHORISATION_FAILED, OAuth realm="http%3A%2F%2F172.50.33.0%3A9080", 10qkcyi, nosniff, gzip, User-Agent, text/html;charset=UTF-8, chunked, Fri, 16 Nov 2018 08:10:21 GMT, null, null, null]
My credentials are correct and still I'm getting the status code as 401 and a message of "AUTHORISATION_FAILED".
When I execute the rest API with wrong credentials, jira responds me with Http Status Code-401 with the response body:
[HTTP/1.1 401, 835x23152381x1, SEN-L12532905, AUTHENTICATED_FAILED, OAuth realm="http%3A%2F%2F172.50.33.0%3A9080", nosniff, gzip, User-Agent, text/html;charset=UTF-8, chunked, Fri, 16 Nov 2018 08:25:19 GMT, null]
On executing the API with wrong credentials I get the message of "AUTHENTICATED_FAILED".
1. When does Jira gives "AUTHORISATION_FAILED" message and "AUTHENTICATED_FAILED" message for 401 Http Status Code?
2. Is this message consistent for all versions of Jira?