Is there an aws cloudformation jira template for mysql database?
I don't know of any official support for an Atlassian made cloudformation template to use MySQL. However it appears that other users have requested this before. I found a link that might be helpful here https://github.com/thinegan/cloudformation-jira
Although I admit I have not used that formation template, so perhaps use at your own risk. But that said, I believe this user has posted their own formation template that uses mysql instead of postgresql.
Following up on Andrew's research, you can also take Atlassian's CloudFormation template and modify it to use MySQL instead of PostgreSQL.
We only officially provide support for the CloudFormation template with PostgreSQL. However, you can take that template and modify it with the CloudFormation Designer to use the database of your choice. I would recommend saving the YAML file at that point however to add to your own local source control (Bitbucket is a great option). By default there's no version control with CloudFormation templates in the AWS interface - if you make any changes and need to revert, the only thing to save you would be version control you've set up on your own.
Cheers,Daniel
Thanks for the response.
I made changes to the driver and to ATL_JDBC_DRIVER and ATL_JDBC_URL section in the template, however i do not not get the jira url site to import the database nor the path to the dbconfig "/var/atlassian/application-data/jira" in the ec2.
Unlike the orginal Jira postgresql cloudformation template for aws i do get a site url to import the our mysql datebase and also the path to the dbconfig "/var/atlassian/application-data/jira" in the ec2.
Below are the changes i make to the template before creating the stack.
"ATL_JDBC_DRIVER=com.mysql.cj.jdbc.Driver"
ATL_JDBC_URL"<url>jdbc:mysql://dbserver:3306/jiradb?useUnicode=true&characterEncoding=UTF8&sessionVariables=default_storage_engine=InnoDB</url>"
Thanks
Hi!
I stumbled upon the same. Figured out that <schema> was written to the dbconfig.xml using ATL_JDBC*. Removing schema resolved the issue and jira was pupulated successfully.
Cheers,
Lars
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.