*** JIRA Cloud being used here ***
When using the JIRA Service Desk (JSD) Automation Tool, I am setting up a rule so that on JSD issue create, a new and matching ticket is auto created in a separate JIRA Software project.
When the new ticket is created in the JIRA Software project using this rule, I am also expecting the existing JSD ticket to be linked with the new JIRA Software ticket. By "linked", I mean the two tickets are bound together just like when I manually (as an administrator), edit the JSD ticket and "Create linked issue" - https://www.screencast.com/t/9YtPqsq1
For some reason, when using the automation tool, it is correctly creating the new matching ticket in the JIRA Software project, but no hard link is being established. The only way I can seem to link the two tickets properly is if I manually do it myself after both tickets have already been created.
Automation rule here - https://www.screencast.com/t/p5kJTwCQi
I have also made sure the permission scheme is the same one used across both projects (JSD and JIRA Software), and this permission scheme is matching the one automatically created when a new JSD project is created.
Am I doing something wrong? Or is this a constraint of the JSD Automation tool?