I am trying to link dependencies in issues... My requirement is that an issue should not start unless the issue on which it is dependant is completed... I linked the issues but it only shows that it is dependent on some other issue... I am able to resolve the issue without the other issue is still in progress.... How can I set this scheme in JIRA?
You can try again below links.
https://innovalog.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/JMWE/pages/104464392/Linked+Issue+s+Status+Validator
https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/Prevent-transitions-depending-on-the-status-of-linked-issues/qaq-p/153643
Hello,
You could also use the Power Scripts add-on:
https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/43318/power-scripts-jira-script-automation?hosting=cloud&tab=overview
You could write a condition like this:
string[] linkedIssues = linkedIssues(key);for(string linkedIssue in linkedIssues) { if(%linkedIssue%.status != "Closed") { return false; }}return true;
You can find more info on conditions here:
https://confluence.cprime.io/display/JJUPIN/Customizing+workflows
Hi Sreenivasaraju,
Thank you for your response .... But I am not able to get the option of adding comment validator
Thank you Alexey
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.