Maybe I missed it in the documentation and site searches, but can anyone tell me what order Quick Search results are displayed in? For example, we have many projects in our Server instance of JIRA, if you search for "ORA-02292" it is in the summary for 33 issues in 2 different projects. It seems as though JIRA is showing the Quick Search results in a random order. My assumption is that it displays in either the order of most recently edited, created or viewed, but I don't know which.
We have a user who thinks it should be displaying issues in his project in the list then issues in the other project and doesn't want to have to click on the "View all matching issues" link at the bottom of the list to see them all. I would like to be able to explain to the user how the Quick Search field actually works.